Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Jami Davenport's Crashing the Net ✔Review & Interview✔


Buy Links 
Amazon  Nook ✔ Kobo ✔ Smashwords


Blurb
Hockey star Cooper Black and professional party crasher Izzy Maxwell return in this sequel to Crashing the Boards.
 
Jealous boyfriends and glitzy parties can be a recipe for disaster. When the gorgeous yet controlling Cooper interrupts a party Izzy was paid to crash and almost ruins her career as a professional party crasher, Izzy kicks him to the curb. She learned early in life not to count on anyone, and she will not relinquish her independence, not even to a sexy-as-sin pro athlete who can melt her heart with one wink.
 
As the Sockeyes hockey team opens their inaugural season in Seattle, Cooper finds himself minus a girlfriend and plus a surly teenaged nephew. Cooper doesn’t want to be a surrogate dad, he doesn’t want to play in Seattle, and he doesn’t want to be alone. He misses Izzy, but seeing her with other men at parties turns him every shade of green. Regardless, he wants her back, and he’s willing to change, if only she’ll give him a second chance. Aware of her precarious finances, Cooper makes an offer she can’t refuse by hiring her to be responsible for his nephew when he’s traveling with the team.
 
Fearing Cooper isn’t capable of changing his control-freak ways, Izzy resists his efforts to turn their financial arrangement into a personal relationship. He needs a sweet, docile girlfriend, and Izzy cannot be that woman. Yet, when tragedy strikes, Izzy is there when Cooper needs her the most, and love has a way of getting what it wants, no matter the circumstances.


Crashing the Net is a great sport novel! I love hockey so this was right up my alley. This is the second book ,Crashing the Boards novella being the first, but still enjoyable as a standalone. Crashing the Boards is great for the background and is a fast read. Jami Davenport has created a team of players that is hard to not like. Some OK they take some getting use to. Add in Izzy and her sisters then the unexpected nephew and this book is a blast.

Cooper is crazy about Izzy, and his fierce jealousy causes problems. Izzy is just as crazy about Cooper but when his latest jealous act nearly ruins her job she called it quits. Stubborness on both sides doesn't help either's cause. And when Cooper gets a shock and his life is up ended his first thought is to call Izzy for help. Now he is scared and not sure what to do, but he does know he needs and wants Izzy there with him. 

This book has a great story line, it is fresh and fun to read. Izzy and Cooper are hot together and the situations are relatable. It was a fantastic read for me. I highly recommend it.  







Author Bio
USA Today Bestselling Author Jami Davenport is an advocate of happy endings and writes sexy contemporary and sports romances, including her two new indie endeavors: the Game On in Seattle Series and the Madrona Island Series. Jami's new releases consistently rank in the top fifty on the sports romance and sports genre lists on Amazon, and she has hit the Amazon top hundred authors list in both contemporary romance and genre fiction multiple times.


Jami lives on a small farm near Puget Sound with her Green Beret-turned-plumber husband, a Newfoundland cross with a tennis ball fetish, a prince disguised as an orange tabby cat, and an opinionated Hanoverian mare.


Jami works in IT for her day job and is a former high school business teacher. She's a lifetime Seahawks and Mariners fan and is waiting for the day professional hockey comes to Seattle. An avid boater, Jami has spent countless hours in the San Juan Islands, a common setting in her books. In her opinion, it's the most beautiful place on earth.


Subscribe to my newsletter
Twitter Address: @jamidavenport


I have to thank Jami Davenport for taking the time to answer these questions. It was such a pleasure getting to know you a little bit more!

What is it about writing sports romance that you love the most?
I love sports as a spectator. I sucked as a participant. I've been a huge football, basketball, and baseball fan all my life. Recently, I've gotten into watching hockey.
I only started watching about 4 years ago myself and am a full fledged fan! I love football too, but hockey has taken the number one seat in this house. I never played any sport, it was safer for all that way.


Do you have a favorite sport? Teams? Players?
Football has always been my first love, and the Seahawks have been my team since they became a team. My favorite current players are Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch.


In Crashing the Net if you could pick any NHL player to play the part of Cooper who would you pick? ( I picked David Krejci from Boston Bruins... My favorite team plus he is very very good looking. Biased at its best!)   

Okay, this might surprise everyone one because I'm guessing it didn't seem like this, but I pictured him as a Sydney Crosby type player but as I wrote more and more of the book, I don't think that held true. 

I can sort of see they Sydney Crosby thing, and Crosby is one good looking guy as well. I hadn't ever witnessed or heard of him acting full on alpha off the ice but I could certainly pretend :)


Do you enjoy reading other authors of the same genre? Who do you love to read when you get a moment to do so?
Toni Aleo, Catherine Gayle, and Sawyer Bennett
I enjoy Toni Aleo as well, I hadn’t read the other two but now I will have to look them up!


What are you working on now? What is your next project?  
I have two books in the works both part of the Game On in Seattle series. In Crashing the Net, readers meet the Seattle quarterback. In book 5, Melting Ice, they'll meet Isaac "Ice" Wolfe, brother of Tanner, who gets traded to the Sockeyes. In Book 6, I'll introduce my new football team with Tanner's story.
I can not wait to for them!


If you had a chance to be taught by a few of your favorite players what game would it be and who would teach you?
I'd like the Seahawks' Legion of Boom to teach me how they rose above adversity, never give up, and always compete.
That would be a great lesson for all of us to learn I think from any of our idols


Do you have any go to people for sports facts or information?
My husband. He's a sports trivia nut. Also when researching football, the Seahawks gave me a lot of information along with a couple local sportscasters. For hockey, Catherine Gayle is my source.
Must be great to have such a fast source like your husband and a link to your favorite football team.


How much research do you usually do for a book? What is your biggest research gathering tool?
I watch a lot of games. For hockey, I watched tons of those locker room programs that the teams produce to get a feel for how the guys interacted off the ice. For football I attend the Football 101 program the Seahawks put on every year. It's a great way to learn first hand about the game from players and coaches.
Very neat interesting hands on learning. I enjoy watching Behind the B for the Boston Bruins so I can get a feel for my own favorite team so I understand that part very well. It would be amazing to have that kind of learning experience


What is the biggest challenge in writing sports romance?
Any more it's getting noticed. Back when I started there were only a few of us who truly wrote sports romance. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and writing a sports romance so it's getting more and more difficult to any visibility with all the competition.


What has been the toughest criticism for you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

Plots that meander. I'm not a plotter so plots are really tough for me. Compliment-wise any of these:  Couldn't put the book down. Made me cry, laugh, smile..  I fell in love with the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment