Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Vanessa Sims' Freeing His Mercenary ♂Reviews♡


Title: Freeing His Mercenary (Mercenary in Love #3)
Author: Vanessa Sims
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Hosted By: DRC Promotions

Synopsis

What would you do if the man you loved woke up and didn’t remember you?
Christian Storm was your normal kick ass bad boy, until his best friend admitted to having feelings for him.
One the heel of Rick’s confession, Christian gets his act together, and starts a relationship with Rick.
The case they’re working on together goes sour at the end and Rick is taken.
After a few days Rick is found broken and battered. When he wakes up in the hospital, Rick doesn’t know who he or anyone else is.
Now Christian has to find the man responsible for Rick’s abduction and attack before he strikes again. With his mind preoccupied with finding Logan, will Christian be able to convince Rick that they are deeply in love with each other? Or will Christian lose everything he holds dear?
Freeing His Mercenary is the continuation of Taming His Mercenary.


Buy The Book

Available at all major retailers April 15, 2015

Freeing His Mercenary was a short fast read that picked up where Taming His Mercenary left off. It is not a stand alone and you would definitely have to read Taming His Mercenary first. This book is fast paced as well as gut wrenching. You know what these two have been through, how they feel about each other and what Christian loses when Rick forgets him and everything else after reading some of their story in Taming His Mercenary. I was hoping for more and given that this was a novella was seriously surprised at how much I got. Vanessa Sims writes a great love story the likes of which I have not read before. Two seriously strong alpha males who work together at jobs that most people would never consider, but also find love and passion. This makes this series unique and much more enjoyable. 

My one complaint is it needs a good edit. I'm not sure if I got the book before final edits, if so ignore me! This book also ends on a cliff hanger but if you have been following the series as I have it wont stop you. I need to find out what happens next. This wasn't my favorite, but as part of the series I loved it and I definitely recommend this series to anyone who enjoys a great M/M romance with hot alpha males.
Please remember my rating system is different from Amazon. Check rating scale on right. 



Other Books In The Series

His Mercenary (Mercenary In Love Book 1)

His Mercenary starts of fast and hard with adrenaline inducing action. The romance and lust moves at warp speed but I am so hard in love with these characters I'm OK with that. What happens when two alpha males get together? White hot and explosive passion. This book flew by it was so good and just not long enough! It doesn't end in a cliff hanger so you get the full story without a panic attack at the end. 

Vanessa Sims Mercenary men are amazing. Cameron who works for FBI and Chase who is a mercenary are working together to catch an FBI fugitive. The instant attraction could cause problems, but only if they can't figure out how the new relationship will work while working together. These two I think will forever be my favorites in this series. Lets see if  Ms. Sims can out do herself!!



Taming His Mercenary (Mercenary In Love Book 2)

Taming His Mercenary is the second book in Mercenary In Love series. I have been looking forward to it. I will admit to being slightly disappointed but not too much. I was hoping for more detail and description about what was going on, but the story was really good. This book picks up where His Mercenary left off and ends on a serious cliff hanger, luckily book 3 is already out. 

Rick has been suffering from unrequited love for a long time now. He has been in love with his best friend Christian who spend more time in others beds than his own. Painful but true. Finally light bulb is turned on for Christian and he is forced to see his own feelings for what they are. Everything changes. 

Giving love a chance is a scary thing. When danger knocks on their door and they have to put aside their tumultuous feelings for each other to find their missing it becomes even more so.


About The Author

I live in Texas, but originally from Trenton, NJ. When I graduated from high school, I joined the military. Yay me. I did three years with one tour to Iraq. I am happily married because seriously who would put that they are unhappy. I have three kids. No pets, they scare me. I am currently a stay at home mom and I love to read! A lot. If you want to contact me you can do so at my social media below.

Connect with Vanessa Sims

Email ✍ Website ✍ Facebook ✍ Twitter ✍ Amazon Author Page ✍ Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment