Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cecily Magnon's Dark Skies ≾Author Interview & Playlist≿



Title: Dark Skies
Author: Cecily Magnon
Series: Order of the Anakim (Book 2) Though Amazon List it as Book 3 because of the Prequel to the Series. 
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy, Supernatural with elements of Romance
Publisher: 12 Angels Publishing
Release Date: Nov 28 2014
Length: 316 Pages
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print

Blurb
Passions are erupting.
Cryptic alliances are forming.
Armies are gathering.
And the fabric between good and evil is slowly tearing open.

Time is running out on Elysa and The Order of the Anakim. A gathering gloom hangs heavy over their mystic realm as the demon hordes measure a final deathblow in their age-old struggle. Step by step, the demons murder, capture, and conjure their way to a realm unified by utter darkness. Their ruthless queen Ashtaroth, guided only by ambition and her voracious thirst for carnal pleasures, masterminds their rising tide of evil.
The Order must unify its splintering members to meet the defining challenge of their history... or pass forever into oblivion.
But in a world where magic, warfare, and sinister prophecies rule the day... in the night, vile enemies may seek the warmth in each other's touch.
At this vital juncture, Elysa's passion is lured by a wicked voice both arousing and terrifying. If the love between Elysa and Jarron is eternal, it will have to overcome pressures seen and unseen and withstand the crush of an all-out attack by demon forces.
Darkness is bleeding its treachery into our world and Elysa and The Order of the Anakim must find a way to combat the gathering doom.
Dark Skies will sweep legions of fantasy fiction fans into Elysa Amalfi's thrilling and treacherous world of the supernatural.

Book Links

 Excerpts 
Her ears prickled at a woman's anguished cry resounding in the distance. "Ahh, yessss." Her heavy bosoms rose as she took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh stench of fear that wafted in the air from the dying woman. "Yessss."
She could not conceal a delighted smile as she lay bare in the plush hotel suite, thoughts about her future skating through her mind. She was going to be queen.
After years of imprisonment, she was finally free, able to take on form without the use of a weak human body. Her own form looked better than human. She was stronger, faster, powerful, a beautiful goddess with creamy skin and golden tresses. She felt glorious, alive, and craving of every desire the earthly planes brought out in demons.
There was no so such thing as pleasure in the dark realms -- only pain, fear, anger, horror. However, in the earthly realm, every breath she took woke sensations in her body that needed fulfilling. All her senses were heightened, elevated, allowing her to experience the richness of being alive.
She rubbed her hand over the silken sheet of the bed. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor lady lost her ssssoul." She giggled as she watched a crystalline mist slowly float in from her open balcony. It shimmered, reflecting the lights in her room, looking like a rainbow had been trapped inside a delicate cloud.
She looked at the mist in wonder, admitting that human souls were beautiful to look at -- the breath of God, human essence coming toward her.
It was not the beauty that fascinated her. It was the euphoria and the ecstasy she was after. Her lips parted, her breath becoming shallow in anticipation. She shuddered as she consumed the woman's soul into her own.
She moaned with pleasure while the essence filled every fiber in her body, expanding her and filling her with energy. She felt blood rushing through her veins, running straight for her core. She panted with need, and her center throbbed, demanding pleasure.


Dark Skies Playlist
I have very eclectic taste in music.  I can listen to just about any genre of music from classical to house music! Just depends on the mood. But, when I think about the series, these are the songs that come to mind. I think that when you check out these songs, there's a certain feel, you'll find consistent through all the songs -- sexy, sweeping rocking vocals, with a touch of dark and edgy, just like the series.
















Title: Prelude to a Storm
Series: Order of the Anakim (Prequel) Though Amazon List it as Book 1 of the Series. 
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy, Supernatural, with elements of Romance
Publisher: 12 Angels Publishing
Release Date: May 4 2014
Length: 44 Pages
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print
Blurb/Synopsis: 
Sarah Amalfi and her best friend Samantha are headed to Tijuana looking for some summer fun after their high school graduation... but there's something far more sinister looming over this road trip than an innocent shopping trip at Tijuana's famous market place... Warnings from strangers, a vicious attack by a shadowy assailant, a charismatic stranger named Will... What do they want with Sarah? Sarah is forced to consider that there was nothing chance about her meeting with Will, but how can she accept the fantastic possibilities that Will presents to her? A hidden realm within our own, governed by cryptic magic, ancient alliances, demons... and passion beyond her understanding The truth comes hard and fast in this riveting prequel to the romantic supernatural awakening of Gathering Storm!
Book Links
Amazon Free Read (Kindle)
Barnes and Noble Free Read (Nook)
Smashwords Free Read








Title: Gathering Storm
Series: Order of the Anakim (Book 1) Though Amazon List it as Book 2 of the Series because of the Prequel. 
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy/Supernatural /with elements of Romance
Publisher: 12 Angels Publishing
Release Date: May 9 2014
Length: 247 Pages
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print
Blurb/Synopsis: 
Sarah Amalfi and her best friend Samantha are headed to Tijuana looking for some summer fun after their high school graduation... but there's something far more sinister looming over this road trip than an innocent shopping trip at Tijuana's famous market place... Warnings from strangers, a vicious attack by a shadowy assailant, a charismatic stranger named Will... What do they want with Sarah? Sarah is forced to consider that there was nothing chance about her meeting with Will, but how can she accept the fantastic possibilities that Will presents to her? A hidden realm within our own, governed by cryptic magic, ancient alliances, demons... and passion beyond her understanding The truth comes hard and fast in this riveting prequel to the romantic supernatural awakening of Gathering Storm!

Book Links



Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your books published?

When I first started out, I think it was probably the technical stuff where I got hung up. Things like formatting, image size, cover size, etc.  But, the great thing is you only have to figure out that kind of stuff once and you're done. After that, the publishing process, not counting the marketing, is simple.
Marketing is a whole other beast and I'm still struggling with that monster.

What author do you admire most?

Nancy Brooks. She's a really good friend, but outside of that, she's the person responsible for reminding me about a dream I'd let go of -- writing. She's my inspiration and I really look up to her for so many reasons. Her life story could be a book itself.
She's got a beautiful spirit and her imagination is crazy good. I live in her fictional world as much as I live in mine.

What are you working on now? What is your next project?

I've got a couple of things stoking in the fire. I'm working on Midnight Rain which is the follow up to Dark Skies, but I've also started another story with a whole new set of characters and story line. I'm planning for the new line to be short stories, maybe serials, rather than full length novels, but we'll see where the story goes.

Have you ever had writer's block? What is your best cure if you have? Or how do you keep it at bay?

Oh goodness, yes! Writer's block is awful and "cure" is certainly a great word of choice because when I am afflicted with writer's block, I literally feel ill.  The best cure I've found for myself is to change things up. Often times, writer's block hits me when I can't get a scene to move, or when I can't progress the storyline, or when my characters won't cooperate. They either just stop talking or won't do what I'd planned for. 
I can sit and stare at my computer for hours and nothing happens, but if I take a break, come back and write something completely different, then that usually gets me restarted. Last time this happened, I was thinking about one of the characters and I started writing whatever came to mind and pretty soon, I had a backstory about that character. It was pretty cool.
How to keep writer's block at bay? My method isn't 100%, but it seems that when I write every day, whether a little or a lot (and it doesn't have to be about anything specific), it seems to keep the writing muscles warmed up and I can usually prevent a complete block from happening.

What movie do you love to watch over and over? Which one scares you so much you can't sleep?

I'm a big nerd. Not a movie, but I usually have Ancient Aliens on when I'm writing. I swear, I must have seen most of the episodes at least ten times.
After all these years, I still cannot watch The Exorcist. That movie scared the bajeebees out of me! I had nightmares for like a week when I first saw that movie.

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews?

I think reviews are essential. Reviews are great for would-be readers to see cause it can help them decide whether a book is worth the purchase or not. Reviews are important for authors because the good ones give us "street credsJ." They are vouches of confidence from the readers that have found our books and were kind enough to take the time to leave a review. The bad reviews… well, honestly they are painful. No lying, it hurts, but if the review (even bad ones) provide input that can be useful in bettering our craft, then that's okay. 
What I don't agree with is when a review is mean or belittling to the author. Unfortunately, these types of reviews do happen and it's terrible.  Sometimes, I think that people forget that there's a real living, breathing person behind the e-book/book.

Do your main characters have a real life inspiration?

Yes. I would say that my characters are a mixture of everyone in my life. There's not one person who is exactly like one character. When I get around someone enough and get to know them better, I start noticing certain traits, sayings, or behaviors. Those qualities usually make it to the books via a character.

How do you decide on your cover?

I'm one of those people who have no eyes for design whatsoever, but I know what I like when I see it? That's how I decide on my covers too. I have a great designer and I rely on his expertise. He's very patient with me and hears me out. But, one time he actually humored me and did exactly what I asked for… oh geez, the cover turned out awful! It was hideous.
With the Order of the Anakim series, I wanted to do something different and more abstract. I admit, it's a step away from the norm for my genre, but the design is so reflective of the feel of the series.  I love the way the covers turned out. Hopefully everyone does too! J

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions!


Author Information


Cecily Magnon is from the fertile valleys of northern California, where she lives with her husband and kids, and gets inspired by the diversity, beauty, and bounty of the people and of the land around her.
A self-proclaimed nerd girl, Cecily has had a fascination with all topics outside of the norm since she was a little girl. Things of fantasy, magick, sci-fi, the supernatural, and day dreams are the juice that nourishes her imagination and infuse into her writing.
According to Cecily, there is no such thing as “ordinary” when you believe and you see that the everyday is filled with magick. 

Author Links
Blog Cecily’s World



No comments:

Post a Comment