Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gracen Miller's Royal Partnerships ⋉Author Interview⋊



Title: Royal Partnerships
Author: Gracen Miller
Series: Road to Hell (Book 4)
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy/"Horromance" (because it's a mix of horror and romance)
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: June 11 2015
Edition/Formats: eBook & Print

Blurb
It’s good to be the Queen…
Having ascended the throne of Hell, Madison Wescott is finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. Though she has embraced her demonic nature, she has ensured the safety of everyone she loves. With both Micah and Nix at her side, she wields more power than she could have ever imagined.
But not even the throne is safe when you rule in Hell.
In the wake of a failed assassination attempt, Madison learns about a realm of the damned older than Hell itself. A fierce and powerful incubus vows to escape his imprisonment there — and his efforts are weakening the bonds that hold him and countless other monsters at bay. With no plan and nowhere else to turn, Madison contacts an unlikely source for help. But whose side is he really on? Will he help preserve her reign, or bring about Hell’s downfall?

Choose your partnerships carefully…

Book Links
Barnes and Noble




Book Trailer

Excerpt

Accented voice, his lilt flowed over her like rich wine, flavorful, intoxicating, and promised sinful delights. “I am Aramayis. I governor this realm. You may swear fealty to me now.”
She would swear fealty to no one. Not Hell like Micah wanted and damn sure not this unknown creature. “You’re an incubus.”
“You are a succubus.” He trailed his fingers along her cheek, and Madison made no effort to stop his forwardness. “Although, not very powerful. Pity. You will need power to survive our world.” He circled her. “Maybe you can persuade me to protect you.”
As if I’d stoop that low!
“You have fantastic lines, great breasts”—he met her eyes briefly as he continued to prowl about her—“hips a man can grip to anchor himself between your thighs.” He stopped behind her, his breath puffing against the back of her ear, much too close for her peace of mind. She also recognized it as a tactical move to dominate her. “And a fantastic ass.” His fingers slid through her hair and down her spine
She turned to face him just as his hand would’ve landed on her ass.
He smiled, devastating her for a heartbeat with his beauty. I want to fuck him. I need to—the asshole is mind-fucking me with his mojo.
The stretch of his power scared her a little. She couldn’t enthrall without touch. That he could alarmed her.
Madison laughed. “You’re good. I almost wanted to screw you for a moment.”
A smug tilt hit one corner of his lips. Classy. Real classy. He bragged without saying a word. That took talent, not to mention big-fucking balls.
“That is why I govern this realm.” Aramayis swept his hand to indicate the cavern at large.
He is much too arrogant.
Agreed, said her inner demon. Time to bring him down a notch…or ten. Usha giggled like she’d enjoy his fall from the pedestal he’d placed himself upon.
Madison lifted her hand and sifted her fingers through his hair. Cool tresses heated her fingertips. Everything about him must be designed to emit pheromones because she could feel them leeching into her flesh through his hair. Humanity would never be able to withstand his alluring vibe.
“Can you tone down your incubus elixir?”
“If I want.” He watched her, his gaze calculated, and his mouth turned into an eternal smirk. “I rarely want.” Double innuendo there, she bet.
“I’m Lynx.” His smile fell as his unnamed companions put some distance between them. At least they recognized her deadliness. “I also own the power of Pandora.”

Author Information

Gracen is a hopeless daydreamer masquerading as a “normal” person in southern society. When not writing, she’s a full-time basketball/lacrosse/guitar mom for her two sons and a devoted wife to her real-life hero-husband of over twenty years. She has an unusual relationship with her muse, Dom, but credits all her creative success to his brilliant mind. She’s addicted to writing, paranormal romance novels and movies, Alabama football, and coffee...addictions are not necessarily in order of priority. She’s convinced coffee is nectar from the gods and when blending coffee and writing together it generates the perfect creative merger. Many of her creative worlds are spawned from coffee highs and Dom’s aggressive demands. Gracen writes in multiple genres—paranormal romance, paranormal erotic romance, and contemporary romance. To learn more about Gracen or to leave her a comment, visit her website at www.gracen-miller.com.




Author Links
Blog ◆ Facebook ◆ tsū ◆ Twitter
     
What is your favorite thing about writing “horromance”?

GRACEN: It mixes my two favorite genres…horror and romance. I also love the world building that goes along with paranormal romance, as well as creating new and unique supernatural creatures.

What author do you admire most?

GRACEN: I don’t admire any one author the most. All authors are to be admired for the simple fact that they were dedicated enough to write a book to completion. Writing is a lonely business, and it takes a lot of hours of devotion to the story to write a book.

What are you working on now? What is your next project?

GRACEN: I’m currently writing on a few things. Bama Girl Blues, which is book 3 in the Hot Wired series, I’m also co-writing a book, Reaped, with T. Carriero, and I’ve started on the 5th book in the Road to Hell series, Immortal Deceiver.

Is there one subject you would never write about as an author? What is it?

GRACEN: Once upon a time I would’ve said no, but I can’t write child abuse. My Road to Hell series readers wanted me to write the backstory for Nix, but there was so much abuse involved, and he was just a 12-year-old boy. I didn’t have the stomach for it.

Have you ever had writer's block? What is your best cure if you have? Or how do you keep it at bay?

GRACEN: I’m guessing all writers suffer from writer’s block at some stage of their writing. To get past blocks I become a reading-aholic. I’ll read anything I can get my hands on. I’ll read all day, every day, until I’m inspired to write again. My blocks often come when I’m stressed. Too bad I can’t kick stress to the curb and get back to writing!

Do you have a movie you love to watch over and over? Which one scares you so much you can't sleep?

GRACEN: Nothing scares me, and I keep hoping there’ll be a movie that eventually scares me, but so far I’ve not found it. Even the ones other folks think are scary typically turn into yawner-flicks for me. The movies I’ve watched over and over again are Underworld, Dirty Dancing, and Equilibrium.

How much research do you usually do for a book? What is your biggest research gathering tool?

GRACEN: If it’s a paranormal book, I do very little research because I prefer to either create my own creatures, or use established creatures with a twist on their myths. The Road to Hell series has a Biblical foundation—it’s not a preachy book and the heroine is actually Hell-made—but I grew up in a very Christian household, so it seemed natural to incorporate it into my storyline. My father became a Baptist preacher and while he wasn’t always a preacher, he was still the inspiration for Madison’s father, Bruce, because both could be and were mentally abusive.

Do you read your reviews? Do you ever respond to them if you do? And if you do read them do you take anything away from the readers praise and criticism?

GRACEN: First off, I am always thankful for readers who take the time to read and review my books. I appreciate and I’m thankful for good and bad reviews. Reviews are opinions and they’re designed to help readers make an informed decision on whether to buy the book or not. Reviews are not for authors, despite what many authors believe. I cannot stress that enough, and I repeat: Reviews are not for authors, but for readers! So, I don’t typically read reviews unless the reader sends theirs to me, and if they do then I will leave a comment thanking them for their time. I have read some negative reviews that were detailed and I welcomed the criticism because criticism can actually be helpful to me as a writer. Reviews also factor into Amazon’s algorithms, which turn into sales ranks, meaning reviews can be the heart and soul of an author’s sales.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

GRACEN: Best compliment was when a reader named her son Phoenix because she loved my character from the Road to Hell series so much. Wow! I’m still stunned and speechless over that compliment. Toughest criticism has come from my family, many of which have made it clear they’re not supportive of my writing career, they don’t believe I’ll be successful, and some even actively wait for me to crash and burn.

Do your main characters have a real life inspiration?

GRACEN: For the most part, no. The only real life inspiration that I used was Madison’s father, Bruce, that I mentioned above.

How do you decide on your cover?

GRACEN: I leave that to my cover goddess, Andrea Kozari.

Thanks for having me on your blog and helping me promote my new release!

Other Works by Gracen Miller

First 3 Books in the Road to Hell Series by Gracen Miller are On SALE for a $1 each Until June 22 to celebrate the Release of Royal Partnerships

Road to Hell Series
(Must Be Read In Order)
Genesis Queen (3)
Royal Partnerships (4) June 2015

Hot Wired
(Can Be Read As Stand Alones and Out of Order)
Bama Girl Blues (3) Coming Soon

Stand Alones
Elfin Blood Coming Soon

Gracen’s Book in the 1Night Stand Serial
Fairy Casanova  Book 7



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping with his blog tour!
    Huggles,
    Gracen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure!! So happy to have you on my blog :D ~ Mellena

    ReplyDelete