Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

B. Truly's Sonar the Cyclone ♆Guest Post & Chapter 6 ♆




Sonar the Cyclone

Author: B Truly
Series: The Sonar Series (2)
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance, SciFi
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: July 3 2015
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print

Blurb
Is your destiny determined by what the future has foretold? Or is fate deemed in the hands of what you behold?
The Royal 4 are now back on their home territory of Nazari, determined to get things back to normal. Syira’s forbidden love is being held captive. She is hell-bent on fighting for him despite the immense obstacles. She must find a way to convince her race that Kadeem is not dangerous. Their threat lies from deeper within.
     Shiray has accepted her past and is moving forward with her life, but it comes back to haunt her tenfold. That all changes when she stumbles across the truth. Now, she must pick up the pieces of her shattered life.
     They are in the calm but know when they approach the dirty side of the Cyclone storm, terrible things will unravel. The future is revealed and they get a glimpse of Fate’s course. Time is not on their side. They must attempt to change their destiny or their world will be doomed.


Book Links


Chapter 6

* * * Syira * * *



The next day zoomed by fast, and I was thankful for a full agenda. I missed Kadeem terribly, but staying busy made the time fly. Now it was almost nightfall and I was giddy as I made my way to the water cave. Once inside the cave, I was about to sit in my favorite soft spot when I heard the swooshing sound and Kadeem appeared. My mouth dropped when I saw his hair pulled back into a ponytail. So sexy. He had never worn it like that before. It was always down and untamed around his shoulders. He stood there, eating me with his eyes.
“You look beautiful as always, my love.”
Would I ever get use to his new name for me? I smiled shyly.
“I like your hair.”
“Thank you. I always wear it like this when we train. I decided to keep it this way today.”
We stood a few feet from each other, and I wanted to close the distance to hug him. But I had butterflies in my stomach. I wonder if he felt the same. He normally hugged me immediately.
“How have you been?”
“I’m okay, still a little sore,” I said, staring at the ground. He approached me then and lifted my chin up. His touch sent chills through my body. I gazed into his honey eyes.
“Did I hurt you?”
“No, Kadeem, it was wonderful. That’s just expected … you know.” I blushed and he sighed. “Are you all right? You seem tense.”
“I’ve been a little worried.”
“Why?”
“This is new to me, too. I didn’t get to talk to you yesterday after what happened. So I didn’t know what you were feeling.”
“I have felt a lot of things. But my feelings for you have only grown stronger.”
He actually let out a long, slow breath as if he’d been holding it.
“What did you think?”
He shrugged his shoulders and appeared to be searching for the right words. “I just don’t want to lose you. You’re so precious to me.”
“Oh, Kadeem,” I exclaimed, taking him into my arms. I hugged him tightly. “You are so sweet.”
He snorted. “You are the only person who feels that way, trust me.”
“So are you mean to everyone else?”
He leaned down and kissed me softly. When his lips touched mine it felt like lightning igniting my body. I grabbed his ponytail and deepened the kiss. He groaned and kissed me back with equal force.
“Well,” I said, raising an eyebrow.
“You are the only person I let my guard down with. I don’t allow Polars to see this side of me. My race would take advantage of that, especially because I am heir to the throne. I always have to appear controlled, strong, and aggressive.”
“I can understand that.”
“Speaking of Polaris, would you like to see my planet? Things are getting tense, and we might not get another chance.”
Would this be a first? We were not allowed on each other’s planets. This was a rule which had been held since—well, forever. I had always wondered what his planet was like. Now I could actually go there and see with my own eyes.
“Is it safe? I remember that horrific storm from your childhood memory.”
“That was a Polarmar storm. They come quite often, but our technology is better now; it allows us to detect them sooner. I will just show you the surface briefly, and it is safe underground.”
“No one would see us, right?”
“Of course not, Syira, I would never put you in danger’s path. I’ve seen your planet, so it’s only fair that you see mine.” He smiled broadly, and his dimples lit his face. I loved when Kadeem was playful.
“Okay, but only for a little while. I don’t want to chance someone spotting us. Hurry up, before I change my mind.” I had wanted Kadeem to make love to me again, but this would be a welcome distraction from everything else. He could make love to me later. Kadeem rolled his eyes and pulled me tightly to him.
“It will be fine. I know my planet like the back of my hand. Hang on.”
He teleported us to Polaris. I felt energy surging inside of me. The teleporting lasted longer and there was a lot more pressure. I normally never saw anything when we teleported. It was just like, one second I was one place, and the next second I was somewhere else. This time, I also saw bright chrome lights flashing rapidly; a beautiful lightning storm. I could not see Kadeem, but I still felt his embrace. The teleporting lasted several seconds, and then we were there on the surface of his planet. All told, it was the weirdest thing I’d ever experienced. I stared up at Kadeem. “That time was different. I could see the energy pulsating around us.”
“It’s because we were traveling a much greater distance.”
“Amazing!”
“We are on the top surface, not far from my palace.”
 I glanced around. Snow covered the entire area. My body registered that it was freezing. It was so much colder here than on Kadan. He pulled me tightly to him.
“Take a quick look, and then I’ll teleport us below. I don’t want you to freeze.”
This weather was nothing like ours. My planet had moderately cold weather, only enough for a light jacket. The one I had on did nothing to shield me from the cold. I hugged him tighter and gazed at the sky. How strange. Our sky was different shades of purple; theirs was different shades of grey. Our shared sun was in the sky, but it didn’t provide any heat. Besides all the snow; there were a lot of mountains, and rocks. It seemed as if we were at the bottom of a deep valley. There were also a few trees, but not many. The mountains were so tall and vast in number. The wind was howling loudly and the air was thicker here, which made it harder to breathe.
“It’s been long enough,” he said, then teleported us again.
We were now beneath the surface and it was much warmer. It was still a cool temperature, but I was comfortable in my jacket. I glanced at my surroundings in awe.
“How far down are we?”
“A few miles.”
“Where are we?”
“We are inside of Mountain Elp, the largest mountain on our planet.”
So this is what the inside of a mountain looked like. This was so strange, because it felt like I was outside, but also like I was inside at the same time. There was a good amount of light down here, more than I thought there would be, but I didn’t see any powered lighting. Maybe the mountain gave off a natural light like the water in our mineral caves. The grey and brown walls up the mountain seemed to extend forever and I couldn’t see the top. The dirt on the ground was reddish brown. So far that had been the only similarity with my planet. Different plant life surrounded us. Some of the plants were several feet tall, like the one we were behind. Up ahead was a vast beautiful waterfall that poured into a lake. The water was a gorgeous royal purple. And the sound of the waterfall filled the air with serenity.
“This is our sacred Lake of Elp. The one I was telling you about.”
“The lake where only married couples can drink from as part of their wedding vows?”
“Yes. So far this is the only underground lake that we have found.”
“I can see why you view it as sacred; being that it’s the only underwater lake.”
“It is heavily guarded. Polars are only allowed here during a marriage ceremony that is approved by the High priest.” He pointed in the distance to two buildings to the east and west. Those buildings are where the guards are and there are cameras around the area to make sure no one trespasses.”
I hovered further behind the plant we were next to that was almost as tall as Kadeem. It had green and ruby leaves that were several feet wide across. He flashed a coy smile at me.
“We are in the protection of these plants.” Hopefully there weren’t any stray guards lurking around. “I think this place is the prettiest on our planet. Most of Polaris is bare and barren with only a few trees and green life because of the temperature. It definitely has the most plant life.”
I’m glad you showed me. This lake is beautiful.”
“You were curious about it, so I wanted you to see it for yourself.” I somehow secretly wished we could drink from this lake one day. He pulled me against him. “Let’s see more.”
We arrived to another location that was still underground, but this place looked totally different. This area was a little colder.
“Where are we now?”
“We are near my home in the territory of Zenmar.”
It appeared as if we were inside of a bigger mountain. I could see rocks going up the closest wall, and I searched up to where the sky should be, but I couldn’t see the top here either. Tall poles surrounded the area that contained some sort of light beams. The dirt on the ground was red also. I stared into the distance and saw several houses.
“Are those Polar homes?”
“Yes.”
Some of the homes were several stories high, but most of them were only one. There appeared to be several hundred spread throughout this area.
“The palace is up ahead, elevated on that rock formation.” He pointed to the west. I strained my eyes to view what he was talking about. “I’ll take you closer.”
We teleported again. Now we were only a couple of hundred feet away from his palace. Several Polars roamed around. I crouched closer to him for protection.
“They can’t see us. Don’t worry.”
My stomach flip-flopped even though we were hidden behind a cluster of rocks. The palace was different shades of grey and silver. It was made of different stones and a concrete mineral. It appeared to be about four stories high, the tallest of all the homes. His palace was close to the size of mine, but it was cold and sterile, not warm and bright like the purple and gold colors of my home.
“Let’s go inside. You seem nervous.”
“I am.” He teleported us into a huge room with a large, black bed. All the walls were made of a reddish-brown stone. There were different furniture pieces; a black dresser, black table, and chairs next to the table. The dark colors were soothing. Was this his bedroom? No, he wouldn’t be so bold as to bring me here. Was he mad?
“Where are we?”
“My bedroom.”
I felt my eyes widen. “Your room?” I said too loudly. I covered my mouth with my hand. “Sorry. But why would you bring me here?”
“No one will come in unannounced. And my father stays on the other side of the palace.” He turned the door knob. “See, it’s locked.”
“Oh, that really doesn’t make me feel any better.”
“You are safe.” He leaned toward me, capturing my lips. I moaned as he kissed me intensely. I wanted him, but it was hard to concentrate because I kept thinking someone was going to burst through the door. He backed me up until I felt his bed behind my legs. He pushed me down and lay on top of me, his mouth never leaving mine. We were kissing on an actual bed and it felt great, but I would have been more comfortable on my own planet in our water cave. He finally stopped and raised an eyebrow.
“You’re holding back.”
“I’m sorry, Kadeem. The bed is great, and your lips are even better. But I’m just not comfortable.”
“I understand.”
He kissed me again. Was he going to ignore my feelings? Suddenly, I felt the surge of energy. I saw the lightning storm again; now we were on a soft spot in our water cave. Teleporting while we were still kissing. What the hell? And while we were teleporting, I could still feel his body on mine, but I couldn’t see him. That was strange, but hot, too. I could see him now and he was gorgeous.
“Is this better?”
“Yes,” I said in a raspy voice. I pulled his hair tie and ran my fingers through his silky hair.
“I missed you, my love.”
“I missed you, too.”

A while later I lay in his arms, my back against his chest.
“So, what did you think of Polaris?”
“Um, it was interesting, very cold.”
“Yes, it is.”
“Under the surface was neat, though. Your sky is grey and you have huge mountains and a lot of snow. It doesn’t get cold enough on Kadan to snow.”
“Yes, your temperature is quite good all seasons. Not too hot, or too cold. Also your landscape and colors are very pretty.”
“I liked your room and the temperature was a lot warmer in there.”
He smiled. “Did you notice? It seemed you couldn’t wait to get out of there fast enough.”
“I said I liked it, not that I was comfortable there. What was everyone up to?”
“Some were out and about as you saw on the palace grounds. Most were in fight training.”
“We’ve been doing several man hours of training also.”
Kadeem let out a long deliberate breath. “I wish my father would stop this. I don’t want to be at war with your planet. I don’t know what to do. Please, tell me, Syira.”
Huh? Where were these mixed emotions coming from? He had been skeptical earlier when I first saw him. Then he seemed excited to show me his planet and his room. Now he was begging for answers I didn’t have.
“What can you do, Kadeem, but go along with what your father says?”
“I know it will come down to me having to kill your people. How will you feel about me then?”
I shifted my body, turned toward him, and placed my hand on his cheek. I kissed his lips softly. He closed his eyes. “My feelings won’t change. If I kill your people, how will you feel about me?” I asked, nervous now that we were talking about such a dangerous topic. He opened his eyes and grabbed my face with both his hands.
“I will always love you. Nothing you do will ever change that.”
Praise Sonar, I thought, relieved. We expressed our emotions toward one another and made passionate love once more.

A couple of weeks had passed since I visited Polaris. Kadeem kept trying to talk me into going back to his room, but I thought that it was too risky. More mini-wars had broken out.  We didn’t venture out as we had before, because security was very tight. We stayed in the confinement of our cave. Today, our time was cut short because he needed to check up on some things. He normally teleported me to the edge of the woods behind the palace by the spruce tree, but I told him I would be all right walking through the vendor areas. I wanted to visit Tara. He must have really needed to get to where he was going because he didn’t argue. He did, however, give me a passionate kiss before he left.
After my visit with Tara I went home, reluctantly. Lately the palace had been buzzing with soldiers preparing for battle, and we had been training as commanders of our team’s non-stop. I never thought I would have to fight in a war, and hated I would probably have to soon. My stomach roiled at the fact that I would have to take a life. I scurried quickly through the palace, not wanting to be bothered by anyone. My mind was in disarray.
A while later, I had just gotten out the shower when someone banged at my door. Shiray’s bright green eyes were wild.
“Shi, what’s wrong?”
“I need to talk to you.” She stepped into my room and closed the door.
“What happened?”
“I saw you earlier!”
“I don’t know what you are talking about.”
“Yes, you do. I saw you kissing a man. A Polar!”
Oh, no! She’d seen me. Had she been following me? How was I going to explain this? I couldn’t lie. She had obviously been close enough to see his eyes to know he was a Polar. Besides, it would be a relief to finally come clean after all this time.
“His name is Kadeem.”
“Kadeem! Kadeem, as in the son of Zeus? King of the Polars!” I looked down, ashamed. “Syira, are you crazy? If your father or his father—or anyone else, for that matter— found out, all hell would break loose!”
“I know, Shi. Do you think I planned this?”
“Our planets are at war!”
I wish she would calm down and stop yelling at me. “He’s good. He’s against his father.”
“How do you know that?”
“We Soul-searched.”
“How could you Soul-search? He’s a Polar.”
“I don’t know, but we did. And I fell in love with him at that very moment. He is so wonderful.”
“What did you see? How did you feel?”
“I saw his childhood, which was very much like mine. Hours of training to be a warrior, and always expected to be the best because of who your parents are.”
“Does he know of anyone else who can Soul-search?”
“No, he was in shock like I was. He took my hand and it happened.”
“There must be something special about him, then.”
“There’s something else.”
“What?”
“His power is very unique.”
“What is it?”
“He can travel from one place to another.”
“What do you mean?”
“From here to Polaris. He can teleport; that is how he travels. He doesn’t have to use a ship. He can also take someone with him.”
“You’ve experienced this?”
“Yes, several times around Kadan, and I even went to Polaris.”
Shi looked like she was about to drop dead. “Syira, that was dangerous.”
“I know, but we didn’t get caught.”
“Do others know of his power?”
“Only a few who can be trusted. His father doesn’t want it to get out. He was sent here to spy.”
“Well, that figures.” She rolled her eyes. “But what do you think it means? I’ve never heard of a power like that.”
“I’m not sure. All I know is that I’ll be glad when our worlds are at peace so we can be together.”
“How long have you known him?”
“For over five months.”
“You gave yourself to him intimately, didn’t you?”
“Yes, and I wouldn’t take it back. I love him and he loves me. You should know about true love. You won’t tell anyone?”
“Of course not, but please be careful. You were kissing him in broad daylight.”
“We weren’t far from the mineral cave that we meet at. What were you doing out there?”
“Never mind that. I hope you know what you’re doing, for all our sakes.”
“I haven’t the slightest clue.” I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I broke down in heavy sobs.
“Oh, Syira, please don’t cry.” She cradled me into her arms. “I’m sorry for yelling at you. In all of these years I have known you, I’ve never seen you cry. I will keep your secret. I love you like a sister.”
I hugged her tightly. “I just don’t understand why this is happening to me. I finally fall in love and he’s the enemy’s son.”
“Well, maybe it’s a sign, your Soul-searching.”
“I don’t know, maybe. I’m probably not going to get to see him much longer anyway.”
“Yeah, things are turning disastrous.”  I wanted to break down again at the thought of being without him. “Are you going to cry again?” she cringed.
“No, I’m okay,” I lied.
“I’m here if you need to talk. I don’t know what all this means, but I think it happened for a reason.”
“I hope so.”
She rubbed my back in small circles. “We’ll figure this out.”
“Thank you for understanding, Shi.”
“I really don’t understand, because I’m scared for you. But you say you’re in love with him. So I’ll support you.”


What ultimate Cruise would you take and what 4 things could you not live without?

Taking a cruise is at the top of my Bucket List. I plan on checking it off my list within the next two years. Most of my family and friends have been on a cruise. Everyone I’ve spoken to has loved the cruise and didn’t want to return. I would love to travel to the Jamaican islands, Hawaii, or Aruba.
     I would like to take my husband and three children with me on the trip. Even better, would be, if other members of my family could come also. And make it a family reunion cruise. Four things I’d take with me on the cruise and could not live without would be; my Kindle table. Second, I would bring a notebook to jot down ideas for story plot lines. I would have some Dramamine for seasickness, as for I get car sick in the passenger seat. Last, I would bring extra soap and hygiene products, in fear of being stranded. My cell phone didn’t make the list because, I’m pretty sure there’s no reception on the sea. Although, I would still bring it with me.
     Hopefully, in the near future, I can take an ultimate cruise. Check off another goal on my Bucket List, and turn this fantasy into reality.
     

Author Information

    
I have wanted to be an author since I was fifteen years old and grateful to have accomplished this dream. I have three wonderful children and a husband who defines the person I am today. I work full-time as an Ultrasound technologist in Sugarland, Texas.

     I have very vivid dreams and a wild imagination. I like to read, watch tons of TV shows, and movies. I’m addicted to romance and get a thrill out of action and suspense. I write New Adult Fantasy, Sci-fi, and Paranormal-Romance.

     In the Sonar series it was fun to explore different elements of Sci-fi romance and create various realms of powers for my characters. I want to show my readers that Sci-fi can be fun, but also traumatic. I hope you guys enjoy the Sonar Series. 


Author Links



Other Works by B Truly
The Sonar Series



a Rafflecopter giveaway



2 comments:

  1. Thank You for Hosting and Posting the Sixth Chapter for Sonar the Cyclone by B Truly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting on the chapter tour for Sonar The Cyclone.

    B Truly

    ReplyDelete