Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Alexia Purdy's the ArcKnight Chronicles


Title: the ArcKnight Chronicles
 Author: Alexia Purdy
 Series: the ArcKnight Chronicles (Books 1 & 2)
 Genre: Paranormal/Shifter/Romance
 Release Date: Oct 22 2015
 Edition/Formats: eBook & Print

Blurb

 Vengeance is the only thing worth dying for.


Only love can save you.
Teaming up with a handsome shifter named Ephrem, the banished Princess Lilliana must find her stolen Ardent talisman before a sinister enemy uses it against both rival wolf pack strongholds. Thrown onto a path neither of them expected, they stumble across a third cell of supernatural shifters lurking in the city’s Outlands where tensions mount. These new strangers want nothing more than to disrupt the two royal strongholds, the ArcKnights and the MarkTiers, and reignite a long-forgotten feud from decades past.
In the treacherous City of Temple where supernaturals and humans intertwine, only the most cunning will survive.
Includes Books #1 Ardent & #2 MarkTier

Book Links



ArcKnight Chronicles was an adventurous tale and though it didn't have hot steamy scenes it had enough tension to cut with a knife. Alexia Purdy knows how to rivet her audience by taking werewolves and giving them a twist and a new unique look. These classic paranormal creatures have been given a fresh spin on their old tale. 

The descriptive writing is amazing. Ms Purdy will captivate her audience with her ability to surround the readers in her characters world and the characters feelings as well as have them caught up in the action. The only thing that would have made this book better is if this book had some heat to it. But even without it I am looking forward to more work by Alexia Purdy and more books in this series. I recommend this book to any who love a great paranormal read.
My rating system is different from Amazon where this is a 4☆. See rating chart to the right.




Excerpt
“Well, you need to remember everything you’ve been told about the neutral area between strongholds. The Outlands of Temple are cursed. Yes, it’s a large city and thrumming with people, but it’s also a supernatural focal point. A vortex of some sort that attracts people. Normal and supernatural alike.”
I gulped. “So it rains here all the time. Why would anyone want to stay here?”
Ephrem rubbed his face, scratching his chin.
“Look, I don’t know how much they’ve told you, but like I said, it attracts people. It attracts all sorts of unsavory people too. That’s why it’s dangerous to go traipsing around this place at night. Actually, it’s not safe at any time. No one leaves willingly, either. This place is like… I don’t know… like the strongest magnet in the world. It draws you in, latches onto you and never lets go. People are warned to never come here. Only those of superior supernatural powers are ever able to break the hold it has over them.
I stared at him in horror. “What? Are you saying I’m stuck here?”
He frowned, letting his eyes drop down to his coffee as he added sugar and cream to it. Stirring furiously, he took a moment before answering me.
“Technically, yes.”
~Lily & Ephrem - The ArcKnight Chronicles




Title: Ardent
 Series: the ArcKnight Chronicles (Book 1)
 Genre: Shifter Paranormal Romance
 Release Date: Oct 22 2015
 Edition/Formats: eBook
 Blurb

Vengeance is the only thing worth dying for.

Teaming up with a handsome rival named Ephrem, the banished Princess Lilliana must find her stolen Ardent talisman before a sinister enemy uses it against both rival wolf pack strongholds, intertwining the destinies of the two would-be lovers.



Book Links

 Series: the ArcKnight Chronicles (Book 2)
 Genre: Shifter Paranormal Romance
 Release Date: Oct 22 2015
 Edition/Formats: eBook
 Blurb/Synopsis:
Only love can save you…
Freed from the bonds of royalty forever, Lily must adjust to life in the treacherous city of Temple. With the handsome prince Ephrem by her side, she inadvertently stumbles upon a third cell of supernatural shifters lurking in the city’s Outlands, but they aren’t part of any wolf pack she’s ever known. Tensions mount when these new strangers impede on the two royal strongholds and reignite a long-forgotten feud from decades past.

Book Links

Thank you so much for taking time to answer these questions so we can get to know you a bit more. 

Could you tell us about your challenges in getting your books published?
I self publish all my books so it’s all a very involved process. It all falls to me really. I am the cover artist most of the time too so it adds a lot. I also format my own stories. It’s all very time consuming. I have to say that the most challenging stuff is marketing a story. That also falls on me since this is my business. It’s all very overwhelming but gets pretty routine after all this time. I do contract out editing but like other things going through edits and revisions falls on me. It’s very involved but I love it. Marketing is the most challenging though, that never is just routine and the market is always changing so research is a must and constant marketing is a must.

Who is your secret “author” crush?
LOL. I don’t know! Maybe Madison Daniel. We’ve been friends since the start but I admire his creativity and he’s an awesome person. Yes, I’ve met him in real life! Such a great guy. Check out his stuff!

Remember the notorious author threat?  ”I’m going to write you into my book and kill you off.”  Would you do it? How?
Yes, I would do it. I’d make sure you suffer too. Lose a finger one by one, then ears, then eyes. Don’t piss me off! Hehehehehe…

What are you working on now? What is your next project?
I’m currently working to complete “Sovereign (The ArcKnight Chronicles #4)” and “Legends of Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale #7)” which is long overdue. I’m always working behind on series books, but feverishly to stay on top of these stories.

Have you ever gotten into a bar fight? If you did or not would you use the experience in one of your stories?
No I’ve never been in a bar fight but if I had, I’d definitely use it in a story. I’ve lived through many bar fights in movies though, does that count? I get really engrossed in books and movies so it ‘feels’ like I lived it if you can believe that.

Is there one subject you would never write about as an author? What is it?
I would never write about children being tortured. I just can’t stomach it. That and spiders. Nope. No spiders. Yikes.

Have you ever had writer's block? What is your best cure if you have? Or how do you keep it at bay?
I don’t necessarily get blocked but the lack of motivation to write hits me often. I keep it at bay by asking my writing buddies to keep me in check. We push each other when we’re low, we work out the knots when we do get in a bind and we do writing sprints to keep going. Those are the best cures. It’s a constant struggle but you must push yourself above all.

What movie/TV show do you love to watch over and over?
Gilmore Girls. Just because it’s a way of life. Love it. Love that they are reviving it. Best day ever.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
Toughest criticism: Get over yourself. It’s all about luck in the book world. You wrote a rocking story but most likely you suck at marketing and it’s going to take luck, not savvy, intelligence, or a degree in writing to get on top so don’t get all doom and gloom on yourself after publishing a book and it bombs. That’s going to happen. Keep going and get up, over and over again.
Compliment: Your story rocks. I love the concept. Keep going, keep revising, you’re on your way.

How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you recommend?
Names are very important. I don’t like common names in my stories, but some sneak in. I love to have some original names, older names in my stories. I choose names based on how unusual they are, how nice they sound and how bad ass the character is. I can’t choose common plain names like Tom, Rick or Matt. I just can’t do it.


  Alexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada - Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She is the award-winning author of the Reign of Blood series and A Dark Faerie Tale Series.
Sign up for email updates and exclusive giveaways: http://eepurl.com/uJk9r



Author Links
Facebook Fan Page Alexia Purdy
Facebook Fan page  A Dark Faerie Tale Series
 Facebook Fan Page Reign of Blood Series
Other Works by Alexia Purdy
A Dark Fairy Tale Series
      The Withering Palace 0.1
Legends of Fire 6 Coming

Reign of Blood Series
      Elijah 3.5

The Fall of Sky Series

The ArcKnight Chronicles
The ArcKnight Chronicles Set {Books 1 & 2}

Stand Alone Titles

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for Hosting and Sharing the ArcKnight Chronicles by Alexia Purdy

    ReplyDelete