Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sheri-Lynn Marean's Dracones Awakening ⚞Review⚟



Blurb
If it lives, it can die... 

For a thousand years the Ilyium druids have hunted the Dracones without mercy. 

At seven, in a terrifying moment, Tierney lost her world and fled to Earth, keeping her true nature secret from humans. 

However, a nightmarish past is not easy to escape. 

Now, years later, that truth is abundantly clear every time Tierney looks into the tormented eyes of the man she loves. Jax, losing the fight with his inner demons, battles his desires for Tierney, pushing her away–ashamed to speak of a past he cannot forget. 

But the Ilyium haven’t been idle. As they resurface and come after Tierney and everyone she loves, ancient instincts are triggered in the Dracones. As they battle to overcome the legacy of their past, Tierney and her friends must learn to trust in themselves and each other if they are to survive the Ilyium’s sinister plans for them. 

Dracones Awakening is the first book in the Dracones series for readers age 17+. 
If you are a fan of dark, steamy, paranormal romance, you will love Tierney and Jax's story. 
But this book today to be sucked into the magical world of dragons, magic and angst ridden sensual heat.





Dracone was a huge surprise! This was a new to me author putting a fantastic spin on one of my favorite paranormal subjects, dragons. The uniqueness of her story telling made this book so compelling and engrossing. It was so chock full of information it bordered on too much but honestly there was just so much happening in the book it was action packed from the first chapter to the last page. At times it was almost non stop action. Peril and dangers are coming from so many sides the book is like a chess board being set up for future books. It is a marvelous process. I had a very hard time putting the book away with so much going on.

The characters were very highly developed and had rich surroundings described in vivid detail as well as well researched information. This book was a great first book in a series and I will highly recommend it to all who love fantasy, romance and paranormal books.
My rating system is different from Amazon where this is a 4☆. See my rating chart to the right.

Meet the Author
I do not have a background in writing and did not grow up thinking I would one day be an author...

I learned early on that I had to work hard for what I wanted. 

After many years spent in Canada and the USA, working with horses, raising Jack Russell Terriers, and doing wedding photography, I eventually ended up in British Columbia. 

Now, I am married with three amazing children. We have a wonderful golden retriever who loves to steal our socks and take them outside and a cat who insists on bringing live mice into our home and setting them free.

I fell in love with reading at age twelve and one day a few years ago, after reading a book with an ending I didn't like, I decided to write my own book. Make my own characters-doing what I wanted them to do. I opened up a word doc and began to type. My characters really came to life in my head and soon more joined them demanding their story be told.


Links

No comments:

Post a Comment