Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

J.L. Perry's Hooker ⚞Early Review & Pre-Order⚟





Synopsis
One night of passion with a sinfully hot stranger will change everything. By the author of the #1 bestseller BASTARD, J. L. Perry.

Jade's young life was tough. After her mother died during childbirth and her father could no longer look after her, she was placed in foster care where she stayed for the next ten years. She grew up feeling unloved and unwanted as she was passed around from one screwed up home to the next. 

Things began to look up for her when she was adopted by a wealthy socialite at the age of eleven. Sometimes, though, things aren't always what they seem. Jade didn't know it at the time, but her new adoptive mother had big plans for her . . . 

Brock grew up privileged. He had everything going for him. Money, looks, charm, success and an endless array of beautiful women. He wasn't interested in commitment. To him women were easy. They practically threw themselves at his feet. All they wanted was to do something nobody had ever managed before. Snare the hot, rich bachelor. 

Then he met Jade. She was like a breath of fresh air. A challenge. Nothing like the women he was used to. Their one night together ignited something within him. A burning desire to own her, possess her, but Jade had other plans. Nobody says no to Brock Weston, nobody.

But, when fate brings them together again, will he get what he wants? Or will Jade's secrets crush him, and destroy any chance they have of being together?





Hooker was one of those books that had me holding my Kindle tight. I didn't know how it would ever work out but I desperately wanted it to. It also had one of those evil people, those villains that a reader LOVES to hate. Some of the content could be a bit hard for sensitive readers due to dubious consent. Jade is an amazing character. She is amazingly strong and resilient  after everything she has gone through, still going through and has seen. Brock is a surprisingly a compassionate man who I think this trait even surprises himself. He is normally a manwhore and loves to play the field. Then one chocolate covered grin ruined him. 

The story in this book is so hard to put into words and not give away anything. What the author has done here is amazing. She has taken a horrible thing that could happen to someone and made it into a compelling tale. I hated putting the book down to do anything because I wanted to see how it ended. I blazed through the book because I needed that ending so badly. This is a book I will read again so I can relive it. The details are so minute and precise that I could close my eyes now and picture everything. The secondary character were dynamic enough I wish they had their own books! I absolutely LOVED Theo and Josh. Their were quite a few fantastic twists in this novel I never saw coming and it just made the book all that more amazing. I highly recommend this book to any who love a twisted tale with romance to lighten it. I would give it a higher rating if I could. 



Meet the Author

J L Perry is a mother and a wife. She was born in Sydney, Australia in 1972, and has lived there her whole life. Her love of reading, from a young age, gave her the passion to write. My Destiny was originally written for her sister, in 2013. It was never intended to be published. However, after finishing this book, she felt there was still a lot of Brooke and Logan's story left to tell. This inspired her to write My Forever. With the encouragement of her family and friends, she decided to follow her dream and become a published Author. 

That dream was realized on the 6th of June, 2014. 

My Destiny is her debut novel in the Destiny Series. My Forever is the conclusion to this book. Her third book Damaged - Jacinta's Story, was released October 15th, 2014. This is a standalone read, but is based on a character in My Forever. Her fourth book Against All Odds, is also a standalone read. It is based on Brooke and Logan's daughter, Angel. It was released on May 27th, 2015. Bastard, her fifth book, was released on September 14th, 2015 and became a #1 Bestseller. In November 2015, J L signed a 5 book deal with publishing giant Hachette. Luckiest Bastard - The Novella was published through them on December 7th. Hooker her 7th book is releasing on the 31st May, 2016. J L is currently writing two more books, Jax and Nineteen Letters. Both will be release late 2016 and early 2017..

J L's love of romance and happy endings makes a perfect combination when it comes to writing her beautiful love stories. 

VOTED BEST NEW AUTHOR IN THE AUSROM TODAY READERS CHOICE AWARDS 2014, AND FAVOURITE FEMALE AUTHOR IN THE RRR READERS CHOICE AWARDS 2016

Links





No comments:

Post a Comment