Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Liz Keel's Enlightenment ◈Guest Post◈


Title: Enlightenment
Author: Liz Keel
Series: The Driel Trilogy (Book 1)
Genre: Upper YA/Fantasy with SciFi Elements
Release Date: April 18 2016
Edition/Formats: eBook & Print (1st Edition)
Page Count: 190 (Approximately)

Blurb

After losing everything, all seventeen-year-old Thea wanted was to be a normal teenager. Instead, she was attacked by a mysterious creature she thought only existed in fairy tales. Now thrown into the unknown realm of Faey, Thea is forced to determine the difference between reality and fantasy, in a world ruled by a dark elite and a society wracked by intolerance and prejudice.
With the support of her new friends and a mysterious dark haired, blue-eyed guardian watching her every move, Thea will discover that when it comes to Faey, nothing is what it seems. Will her courage and desire to save this new world from darkness be enough? Or will Thea be the next victim to fall to the dark whispers of fate...

Book Links



What other paranormal creature do you like to read and write about? Do you plan on writing adult paranormal romances?

Vampires! I love to read and write about them.  There are so many captivating stories out there already including the Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead to name a few. Vampires are intriguing for any reader to read about, they can be sexy, alluring and mysterious all at the same time and I think having a character like that can be a good starting point for any vampire novel. As a reader, whether it’s a vampire romance where you fall in love with this seductive creature who offers eternal life, or one with a vampire protagonist acts as a hero, we can’t stop ourselves being attracted to their way of life and want to find out more.  As so many other authors have already shown, if you create a strong enough plot with an intriguing protagonist you can relate to, or what to know more about, having vampires in the storyline will always remain popular amongst readers.

At the moment no, I don’t plan on writing adult paranormal romances. There is something about the Young adult/New Adult genre that I love not only writing about but reading as well. Maybe it’s due to the simplicity of the themes including love, friendship, identify and loss that are discussed in a safe platform for the younger audience, or maybe it’s because I just don’t want to grow-up, either way for the time being I will continue to focus on writing for the Young Adult/New Adult market.






I live in Surrey, England, a short walk from the beautiful Windsor Park, with my husband Richard and our two gorgeous children Noah and Olivia. For me, writing is nothing short of an addiction and I often find myself sneaking out to my writing shed for just a few minutes, which can often turn into hours of pure, unadulterated bliss catching up with my characters and continuing their story. In-between writing, I teach in a primary school where there’s never a dull moment! I will also often be found Kindle in hand, reading a wide variety of genres but with YA fantasy and paranormal romance at the forefront of my reading list. Although I’m currently writing the second book in the Driel trilogy, other characters involving all things fantasy, paranormal and YA romance are jockeying for position, wanting me to write their story next, so watch this space! It is such a privilege to share my stories with you the reader. Thank you enough for taking the time to find out more about me.

Author Links
Twitter @LizKeelAuthor




4 comments:

  1. Hi Anna Marie, thank you for hosting the Enlightenment tour on your blog!
    If anyone has any questions about the book or me as an author, I'd love to hear from you.
    Liz Keel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hun your welcome but Mellena is the one that did this post not me. :)

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome! Anna is the fabulous person who keeps my blog looking pretty as well as an amazing Tour coordinator :D I should have used my name tag at the end of the post and forgot. ~Mellena

      Delete